Our Aims and Values
'Learn, Love, Achieve, Succeed'
Bisham is a school where everyone matters and all are welcome. We set out to live by our Golden Rules:
- We are gentle - we don't hurt others
- We are kind and helpful - we don't hurt anyone
- We listen - we don't interrupt
- We are honest - we don't cover up the truth
- We work hard - we don't waste our own or other's time
- We look after property - we don't waste or damage things
We have high expectations of the children and adults in our school both in behaviour, academic work and on the sports field. We encourage children to take on responsibilities within the school from an early age so they are an active part of our school. Above all else, we want our children to work for excellence in all they do. We aim to achieve this by teaching them to the highest standards and in ways which closely match pupils’ needs regardless of gender, race or disability. We want all our pupils to develop:
- A love of learning, questioning and independent minds.
- Qualities of spirit, feeling and imagination.
- The ability to work hard and succeed at tasks, to work independently and with other people and to appreciate human achievement and endeavor.
- A sense of self-respect, self-confidence and self-discipline, and an awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of others.
- The knowledge, skills and practical abilities they will need throughout their lives, at work and play.
- Essential skills and confidence across the curriculum in preparation for a successful secondary phase of their education.
- An awareness, understanding and respect for the environment in which they live.
- A reasoned set of personal attitudes, values and beliefs that support individual liberties the rule of law and the democratic rights for all in our wider community.
- An understanding of the world and their roles and responsibilities as global citizens within it.
- A respect for the religious and moral values of others and their cultures.
As a Church of England School, we have a particular commitment to the development of the whole person and to teach values based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. We aim to provide children with insight into the nature of religious ideas and an adequate knowledge of the Christian faith to equip them for the choices, discoveries and decisions of the future. We believe the Christian faith must be lived as well as taught.